The road safety (foundation) course from Environmentally Challenged enables the trainee to begin building their own ‘toolkit’ of essential skills required to stay safe as a pedestrian on London’s busy roads.
Upon completion of this program the trainee will:
- show ability to identify dangers/hazards when out and about and respond appropriately
- demonstrate a sense of personal safety, security of belongings etc.
- identify basic numbers and simple colours, eg. Bus numbers and Underground lines
- remember their full home address and at least one telephone number
- identify and locate the safest places to cross the road
- safely and confidently cross the road using traffic islands, zebra, pelican and puffin crossings
- only cross without a designated crossing point when absolutely necessary
- negotiate kerbs, steps, escalators, lifts etc. or find alternative routes where possible
- consider options, make decisions and act upon them
- communicate needs when and where appropriate
- use assistive technology effectively
- seek and accept help from an appropriate source when necessary
- understand the need for socially acceptable behaviour
Tuition Fees – Road Safety (Foundation)
£20 per hour
10% Discount when you buy 10 hours
To make a referral, please fill out this form.
For more information, please contact us.